message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Love it / Live it: Fields of Blue [Frank Wimberley]

Known as the universal color, blue is calm and collected in every setting. I love this painting by abstract expressionist painter Frank Wimberley for that very reason, it would fit seamlessly into any room style and bring you a sense of calm and stability every time you looked at it...

An over dyed vintage rug in the same hue would be a heavenly way to bring color to any space, modern or traditional, without being too overbearing. I love the way the vintage patterns get washed out by the saturation of color in the whole Color Reform collection from Abc Carpet. And I'm thinking of how beautifully this rug would anchor a space in layers of white and grey...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment