message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, August 29, 2011

Love it / Live it: Wanderlust

Happy Monday everyone! I've caught quite the travel bug lately, having an urge to get outta town and see the world a bit more. Thus, I've been incredibly inspired by maps and all things related. I'm especially loving artist Jessica Durant's take on a world map in dripping sea toned watercolors....

art via JessicaIllustration, pillows via MyBeardedPigeon

And aren't these vintage map pillows beautiful? I love the idea of collecting one for every country or city you travel to. So I'll need that Thailand pillow pronto, and then I'll have to book a ticket to somewhere like Singapore, Australia or just about anywhere in South America so I can fill out my collection of favorites don't you think? Being in a foreign country and immersed in a new culture is one of the best ways to shift things back into perspective, rejuvenate, and get inspired. I'll leave you with a few snippets of what inspired me the most about my own Thai travels...Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. All the colors in this post are so amazing, I love all the blues and greens, they make me want to go anywhere but here (which is Amsterdam, where the rain just keeps on coming...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda! Seattle can be the exact same way so I'm always dreaming of going back to these sunny beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful posts - that map and the cushions alike are incredible. The turquoisey teal shades are what caught my eye most of all though... which you continued very beautifully into the pictures of your Thai adventures. i have never travelled Thailand but it just looks so beautiful. How long did you stay there for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken two trips, both for 3 weeks at a time. It is an incredible country and super easy to travel around withing once you're over there. If you have a chance to go, do it!

    ReplyDelete