message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Love it / Live it: [James Bills]

Good morning! I've been feeling a bit off kilter lately with everything going on in my life, and trying hard to find my balance so I'm completely inspired by these works by artist James Bills (found via Amateur Couture) and their precarious balancing on a single point while everything reaches upwards. If you look closely you'll see the pattern is not regular, and each side is not at all symmetrical...


I really feel that the irregularities in pattern and the sporadic rhythm in each piece is what makes them all the more intriguing. And to top it off, each stretching pillar is brilliantly finished with a touch of gold leaf.


These lockets from Verabel hold that same sense of irregular rhythmic beauty and caught my eye immediately. With fresh color combinations and a gold chain they make the perfect accessories to encase a little image of something special, like a reminder of who makes your world go around or a quote to help you find your balance each day...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I love the colors. So fascinating and beautiful to look at!

    ReplyDelete