message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Art + Interiors: Angular Striping [Gianna Commito]

Today I'm inspired by the work of Gianna Commito. Her paintings combine geometry, striping and color blocking in the most intriguing way. Her palettes are fresh and daring and each piece plays with spacial understanding and depth beautifully. And I love how the clean, bold shapes are sporadically interrupted with brush strokes and broken layers...
pendant via Velocity Art & Design, art via Kenneth Noland, chair via Wisteria, pillow via Burke Decor, rug, pillow and sofa via Jonathan Adler, shelves via The Future Perfect

Modern takes on the stripe create texture and rhythm throughout the space while the slate grey tones help to bring it all together. Inspired by Commito's interesting use of color, I thought, 'why not put a mustard yellow sofa on a turquoise rug??' The bold contrast is actually quite brilliant don't you think? Hope your week is off to a bright start, can you believe it's almost June?! Summer is so close I can taste it..Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment