message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, March 21, 2011

Art + Interiors: Visual Mantras [Ana Montiel]

Good Morning! Today I am inspired by the meditative pattern work of artist Ana Montiel. She calls her illustrations 'Visual Mantras' and it could not be more fitting. The repetitive, yet never static patterning has a steady rhythm, giving the feeling of a verbal Mantra; calming, soothing and transformative. The perfect way to start of a dreary Monday morning...
Done strictly by hand, even her most geometric patterns have an organic nature to them, with subtle shifts and tonal changes. The mix of repetition and diagonal line creates an interesting formula that is both peaceful and energizing.
chair finnishdesigncompany, pendant 1st dibs, table jayson home and garden, pillow burke decor, wallpaper vanderhurd, pillow howkapow.com, architonic tables, cb2 vase 
Gradiant textures and multi-faceted surfaces make an active, intriguing space while the palette keeps it from feeling too chaotic...Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh la la...I love this! That Missoni chair has been on my wishlist forever...if only it was even reasonably affordable. Sigh. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey miss, I was reading the latest lucky and they have new feature where a blogger picks clothes that echo her favorite art. It reminded me of you and I really think you would be fantastic for something like that...you should reach out to lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for thinking of me lady, I will definitely look into that!

    ReplyDelete