message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Art + Interiors: Triangular Stretching [Holger Kalberg]

Good morning! I've been thinking a lot lately about how important it is for growth to be stretched and challenged in life. I'm lucky enough to have a job where I get to be creative and do what I love 95% of the time but more importantly, the job is stretching me. I am challenged to take on new things everyday, tackle projects that tap into a whole new skill set, and all the while I'm trying to live a balanced life which can be tough with such a packed schedule and sometimes long and unexpected hours. But every week that gets a little easier, things fall a little bit more into place and I'm loving the new shape my life is taking on....
The work of Holger Kalberg, a mix of collage and painting, illustrates this feeling beautifully for me. The irregular and abstract shapes still maintain a central axis and thus a sense of balance within an otherwise chaotic field. There is both dark and light, solid and transparent, and the shapes that layer do not quite match up, but as a whole they are all stunning don't you think?

light fixture 1st dibs, rug zara home, end table wisteria, chair architonic, pillow south of market, vase zara home, table 1st dibs
All of these pieces have just the right amount of geometry and balance, contrast and subtlety. And again I always love to mix in some organic elements here and there to keep things from feeling too cold like the table and rug. I have no idea whether that chair would be comfortable or not but I just can't get enough of it...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment