Friday, February 4, 2011

Guest Post: FUJI FILES Art + Style [Bridget Riley]

Hi everyone! My name's Cristina and I write for a little blog called FujiFiles, and I'm a fellow coco+kelley contributor with Laura! I was so excited when Laura contacted me to do a guest post here, so I've jumped right in with artist Bridget Riley.
Riley's modernist works give me a bright, happy, retro feel, so I've put together a couple of looks that give me that same feeling!

 Pants, rings, shirt Netaporter, shoes & purse Asos, lipgloss Nars
This outfit includes a few of my favorite things, in a color palette I wouldn't typically think to put together. Pink, coral and cobalt are all so bold individually, I was inspired by the way Riley combined them in a such sophisticated way.

Shorts, hat, shoes Topshop, sunglasses & bag Asos, shirt Netaporter

With this outfit I was inspired by the sail-like shapes within the painting, so I pulled together a look that I'd love to wear on a stylish day out boating. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Loving these bright, fresh colors! Beautiful post :o)

    ReplyDelete